If you are working with children or young people (under 18) more than once per week or 4 or more times in a 30 day period or you hold a position of influence, it is a legal requirement to hold a current DBS. No excuses.
The following rolls are required to hold a current DBS,
- Welfare and Assistant Welfare Offices
- Volunteer co-ordinator
- Coach (whether volunteer or paid, assisting or leading)
- Colts/Juniors/Minis Managers
- Age Group Managers
- Open Age Team Captains
- Junior Supervisors
- First Aiders / Physiotherapists / Medical Support
BCC will enforce the following policy,
- First Application, DBS application must have been started within 4 weeks from starting coaching, else you will be asked to stop coaching.
- If the individual has an expired DBS check (necessary for their role), they can continue in role ONLY IF supervised by a DBS valid colleague, and ONLY IF,
- Once aware / notified of their expired status the individual is actively seeking renewal, AND They have supplied all relevant documents WITHIN 2 WEEKS of starting the process.
- Exclusion from all player contact (including coaching etc.) WHETHER supervised or NOT, must occur,
- After 1 month of being notified of expired status OR 1 month after starting the renewal process and their DBS status NOT being renewed.
Please contact the BCC Welfare Team at email@example.com to start your DBS application.